[OM] Re: Photography as a hazardous avocation

Subject: [OM] Re: Photography as a hazardous avocation
From: "tOM Trottier" <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 01:42:19 -0400
On 12 Jul 2004 at 23:22,
John A. Lind <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What a world we now live in.  Look like everyone else, act like
> everyone else, think like everyone else, and be like everyone else, or
> suffer dire consequences for non-conformity and daring to be
> different.
>
> BTW, there is increased sensitivity about anyone hanging around rail
> yards, rail crossings, rail bridges, etc.  The area on both sides of
> tracks is part of the railroad's easement owned by the railroad . . .
> it's not public land.  How far on each side depends on their easement
> rights.  Rail photographers, who were at one time seen as "friends" of
> the railroads are being increasingly harrassed for being near a set of
> rails.

Remember the difference between a democracy and a totalitarian state?
In a democracy you can do anything which is not illegal, and in a
totalitarian state you must do what you're told. Which way are we
headed?

tOM

------- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur -------
   ,__@ tOM Trottier +1 613 231-6115
 _-\_<,         758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)                N45.412 W75.714
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too
much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
-Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826)