[OM] Re: OMG shutter problem

Subject: [OM] Re: OMG shutter problem
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:04:21 -0300
on 14/07/2004 10:23, John Hermanson at omtech@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> One way to get a ball park idea on curtain speeds being "atleast close" is
> to open camera back, set to 1/1000 manual, remove lens, hold camera up in
> front of a television, look through shutter as you fire it.  If curtain
> speeds are close you should see a diagonal band of light maybe 1/8" wide.
Well this is what I call a useful hint.
I didn't know about this trick.
It works on mine, although diagonal band is not always at the same place,
and I cannot tell if it's 1/8" wide. Sometimes its very well defined and
thin, sometimes wider and less defined.
IMHO, this is due to the TV CRT and not to the shutter.

Thanks

/F.