[OM] Re: Looking for a lost tripod

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking for a lost tripod
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:20:35 -0700
Glad you found it!

My puzzler of the moment is the opposite. Yesterday I looked down in a
corner of the closet in my study (i.e. junk room), while looking for
something I haven't found yet, but the need is past for now, and saw
something unfamiliar. Pulling it out, I found myself holding a rather
sturdy, nicely made Velbon monopod. Now I know how people feel after the
police search their house and ask why they have a ______. Although I can
speculate about how it came into my possesion, I have no memory (or is
that recall?) of ever seeing it before. It does have a cute model
number, UP-5, I presume because it goes UP 5 feet when fully extended.

I've only lived in this house 23 years, but I moved up the street only 2
doors then, so I just moved everything, rather than really clean out
like a 'real' move, so I have 35 year old accumulations of special
treasures. For most of my life, I was one of hose people who could reach
into one of the myriad piles and find just what I wanted in moments.
Those days seem to have passed and I now get to look forward to the
surprises to be found.

Moose

Walt Wayman wrote:

>And I still contend that organized people are that way only because they're
>too lazy to look for stuff.

Amen