[OM] Re: [ot] how to deal w/ #b@yer who isn;t leaving feedback?

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] how to deal w/ #b@yer who isn;t leaving feedback?
From: "Daniel Sepke" <fred42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:21:09 -0400
I have of late been selling more that I buy and I have found that over time
I only see about 75% of the feedback I should. I would like to think its not
because of something I have done, I try and have accurate descriptions/good
pics and good emails to the buyers. Some buyers I hear nothing from during
the process, just get the Paypal payment message and I send the item and
nothing else is heard.

I finally got sick of handing out feedback for buyer who didn't return it
and move to the model of not giving feedback for buyers from me until I get
it from them. Of course it followed that I had to play my own rules and give
for seller I have bought from as soon as I get the item. Since then I have
had no troubles. I think it is fair to sellers to post as soon as you get
the item and are happy with it. It also protects you as seller from the you
post positive they post negative and you can't do anything problem.

Overall I agree with Siddig and Moose that feedback is a bit pointless. I
wish it showed the number of transactions the person has been involved in
(successful sales that is not bids that didn't win). The down side for eBay
by doing this would be that the feedback system would be shown as less than
effective.

Just like you I used to get annoyed at missing feedback but hey it only
eBay. ;)

Dan S.