[OM] Re: Looking for a lost tripod

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking for a lost tripod
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:11:08 +0100
I dream of having lived in a house for that long!  Well, perhaps I have
feet that are too itchy to do so.  Having moved back to our  house in
England from the Netherlands in Feb 01, I have now lived longer in one
place than ever before in my life (my wife worked out that she had
moved home for me 17 times in 21 years of marriage by Feb 01).

I still manage to lose things though ...

Chris

On 15 Jul 2004, at 07:20, Moose wrote:

> Glad you found it!
>
> My puzzler of the moment is the opposite. Yesterday I looked down in a
> corner of the closet in my study (i.e. junk room), while looking for
> something I haven't found yet, but the need is past for now, and saw
> something unfamiliar. Pulling it out, I found myself holding a rather
> sturdy, nicely made Velbon monopod. Now I know how people feel after
> the
> police search their house and ask why they have a ______. Although I
> can
> speculate about how it came into my possesion, I have no memory (or is
> that recall?) of ever seeing it before. It does have a cute model
> number, UP-5, I presume because it goes UP 5 feet when fully extended.
>
> I've only lived in this house 23 years, but I moved up the street only
> 2
> doors then, so I just moved everything, rather than really clean out
> like a 'real' move, so I have 35 year old accumulations of special
> treasures. For most of my life, I was one of hose people who could
> reach
> into one of the myriad piles and find just what I wanted in moments.
> Those days seem to have passed and I now get to look forward to the
> surprises to be found.
>
> Moose

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker