[OM] Re: [ot] how to deal w/ #b@yer who isn;t leaving feedback?

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] how to deal w/ #b@yer who isn;t leaving feedback?
From: "Joseph Ascione" <jascione@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:33:22 -0400
I have just sold my first piece on e-bay but thanks to lots of comments
from this site, I did not leave feedback on payment, I told purchaser I
would leave positive feedback after he was satisfied with the purchase
and provided me with feedback.  It did occur that we both left feedback,
but from a seller's perspective why does payment equal positive
feedback.  Sure it's nice to get it quick but isn't that what's suppose
to happen.  From the Buyer's point of view shouldn't prompt delivery be
the norm.  Payment and prompt delivery should yield a neutral feedback,
positives should be reserved for when someone to the transaction goes
out of the way to make the deal go smoothly.  I know it's not the case
in practice, nor would I not leave positive for a normal delivery. IMHO
a seller should not be upset when he doesn't obtain immediate positive
feedback, the purchase may be testing the item, etc.  At the same time
it is rude for a buyer not to leave some feedback after satisfaction
with the transaction.  It is curious to note how rarely neutral feedback
is left, leaving my to believe that it is considered pejorative.