[OM] Bogen tripod questions

Subject: [OM] Bogen tripod questions
From: Steve Goss <stevegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:09:41 -0500
Ok, after years of hearing how good Bogen/Manfrotto tripods are, I found
a used 3021 while on vacation. No, it was not in the back of Walt's
4Runner, it was at Englewood Camera in Denver, Colorado. Anyway, because
  there's no manual with it, I have a few questions for the assembled
savants of three-legged camera holding devices.

One one of the legs is a white plastic clip. It has a loop that looks
useful for constraining a shutter release cord, but it also has two
other holes meant for holding something. One of the holes even has a hex
  opening. What in the world is this clip for? And which way is up?

Next to the center column height adjustment lock is a threaded hole. It
looks to be the same 3/8 size as Bogen/Manfrotto heads. What is it for?

The (round) center column is in two parts, and held together with
threaded bolts bolts which take an allen wrench. The bolt in the lower
section looks like it has a piece of an allen wrench broken off in the
bolt head. As a result, the allen wrench can't fit in to loosen it. This
isn't normal, is it?

While getting it in and out of the trunk I managed to break one of the
levers that locks the legs. What is the availability of replacement
parts like for such pieces?

Thank you, Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa