[OM] Re: Bogen tripod questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Bogen tripod questions
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:11:57 -0700
Dang. Already broken? Maybe safer in Walt's 4Runner.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA
On Jul 15, 2004, at 9:09 PM, Steve Goss wrote:

> Ok, after years of hearing how good Bogen/Manfrotto tripods are, I
> found
> a used 3021 while on vacation. No, it was not in the back of Walt's
> 4Runner, it was at Englewood Camera in Denver, Colorado. Anyway,
> because
>   there's no manual with it, I have a few questions for the assembled
> savants of three-legged camera holding devices.
>
> One one of the legs is a white plastic clip. It has a loop that looks
> useful for constraining a shutter release cord, but it also has two
> other holes meant for holding something. One of the holes even has a
> hex
>   opening. What in the world is this clip for? And which way is up?

Is this it?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=5348&is=REG

> Next to the center column height adjustment lock is a threaded hole. It
> looks to be the same 3/8 size as Bogen/Manfrotto heads. What is it for?
>
> The (round) center column is in two parts, and held together with
> threaded bolts bolts which take an allen wrench. The bolt in the lower
> section looks like it has a piece of an allen wrench broken off in the
> bolt head. As a result, the allen wrench can't fit in to loosen it.
> This
> isn't normal, is it?

Uh, no, not normal. Maybe one of the clever little devices from the
tools store for removing a headless screw. Forget what it is called.

http://www.bogenimaging.us/service/service1.htm#Parts