[OM] Re: Jeff Bridges as film Photographer

Subject: [OM] Re: Jeff Bridges as film Photographer
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 22:40:08 -0700
Well. It does depend on the film, doesn't it. If you shoot negatives
then in all likelihood you are depending on someone else to finish it
up and perfect it. The difference with digital is that you are more
likely to be doing it yourself. Why would you feel less of a
photographer then? Shooting color reversal film is different because
processing is for the most part standardized and you are proving with
each shot how well you use the camera with that film. If that is more
satisfying I don't see why you cannot set your camera one way and print
directly out of the camera. Lots of FujiFilm Pro users do that since
their JPEG files are such high quality and the color settings can
approximate different film types. At least with a Nikon(I don't know
about others) you can load a particular film curve into the camera and
shoot just like you are used to and forget about Photoshop except for
printing.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA