[OM] Re: [OM]I've done it again. auto bellows

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM]I've done it again. auto bellows
From: "Dean C. Hansen" <hanse112@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:13:34 -0700
Now that you have the bellows, you should try to find the finest lens
that Olympus ever made:  the 38mm f2.8 auto macro (ahh, that's the
opinion of an entomologist, at least).  At minimum extension of the
bellows, the 38/2.8 gives about 2X magnification.  Yesterday I was flat
on my stomach with this lens on the bellows, and two T32's on a Lepp II
Twin Macro Flash Bracket, taking shots of ants tending the larva of a
small butterfly.  For really getting close, there simply is no other
lens that comes close to the 38/2.8.  That's why I jumped at the chance
to pick up a spare for $300.  Get a 38/2.8 to go with the bellows, and
you'll open up a whole new field of things to photograph.

Dean