[OM] Re: [OM]I've done it again. auto bellows

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM]I've done it again. auto bellows
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:23:55 +0000
You can even use the 38/2.8 bayonetted right onto an OM body without the use of
either bellows or extension tubes.  It ain't particularly productive to do so,
since the only way to focus is to lean forwards and backwards through about a
quarter inch arc an inch and a half or so from whatever you're shooting.  But
it's still possible, and the possible is something that should always be kept
in mind. ;-)

And two T32s?  Isn't that a little overkill?  And that's got to be one heavy
rig!  I've got the Lepp gear, too, but the T28 twins are more than enough for
any situation I've ever encountered.  My only complaint about them is that the
coiled cords are sometimes either too stiff or too short, depending on your
point of view.  At any distance the 38/2.8 will focus on, the T28s are plenty
powerful enough to shoot at f/22, with room to spare.  They've also got enough
oomph for the 80/4 and the 135/4.5 up to f/32, although they are marginal at
f/45, the smallest stop, with the 135.

But I don't think I've ever shot anything at f/45.  Has anybody, except maybe
with LF gear?

And you're right about the 38/2.8.  It's a good'un.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --