[OM] Olympus C-755 Digicam

Subject: [OM] Olympus C-755 Digicam
From: The Butler Family <butlerfamly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:38:23 -0700
Ok I didn't think I would be asking this question so soon, I didn't
think I would looking at digicams for a few years yet.  Does anyone has
anything pro or con to say about the C-755 available from Costco here in
the US for just under $400?  From what I can tell, it seems to be the
American debut of a Japanese 4.0 Mega Pixel Digicam with a 10x optical
zoom.  The features that appeal to me are the apparent use of a standard
flash and the AA NiMh batteries that are included.

The primary user would be my Wife.  She has found the IS-3 to be a good
match for her abilities and desires for control.  And on the face of it,
so may this camera.  I have found the IS-3 to be the perfect family and
travel camera.  I am not looking for a "Pro" level camera nor do do I
expect one for $400.

So what do you think?  I look forward to your comments.

Thanks

Mike Butler
Dublin, California