[OM] Re: Olympus C-755 Digicam

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus C-755 Digicam
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:15:53 -0700
Hi Mike,

Oly has been making various versions of this camera for a while. This
links to a couple of reviews of last year's C-750
<http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/cameraDetail.php?cam=450>. They
should be valid for the performance of the newer models in picture
taking. Oly now shows a 765 and 770 on their site
<http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/cameraDetail.php?cam=450>. dpreview
shows a 765 in silver and a 770 in black. It appears the only difference
between the 765 and 770 is the regular flash shoe and added movie power
on the 770. You can see a comnparison of the 750, 765 and 770 here
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp> . Just enter 38 for wide,
380 for tele and xD for storage and you will get those 3 cameras.
According to Oly's press release and pics when the C-755 was annonced in
10/2003, the only difference from the 750 was the addition of PictBridge
support. The pics don't show a regular hot shoe. According to that
table, the older models only supported Oly external flash, the 765
doesn't support any and the 770 has a standard hot shoe. The 770 also
adds a fairly powerful movie capability. Description and specs are here
<http://www.dpreview.com/news/0402/04021213olyc770.asp>.

 It looks like the 770 is the only one with hot shoe. The Costco site
pic doesn't show a hot shoe, so I think it only supports an Oly
proprietary external flash. This has details
<http://olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_acc_all_products.asp?val1=1&step1=16&val2=2&product=910&image2.x=22&image2.y=6>.

I hope that helps.

Moose