[OM] OT lady's slipper orchid - was [OM]I've done it again. auto bellows

Subject: [OM] OT lady's slipper orchid - was [OM]I've done it again. auto bellows
From: "Adam Long" <adamlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:22:23 +0100
Those of you in the uk who tend to check your emails in the morning, as I do,
whilst listening to radio 2, will have just have heard about the theft of one
of the only remaining two Lady's slipper orchids in the UK. Well, by huge
coincidence that is the exact plant I photographed in May and posted up as part
of my macro gallery yesterday.
Very sad to hear of its theft - it was unscrupulous uprooting by victorian
collectors that drove it to the edge of extinction in the first place. Although
they survive elsewhere in europe the british specimens show a distinct
genotype. Hopefully the one remaining plant will be treated with more respect.

http://www.adamlongphotography.co.uk/Galleries/135mm/135macro.htm

Adam