[OM] Re: TOPEtidy and Patagonia

Subject: [OM] Re: TOPEtidy and Patagonia
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:59:12 -0300
on 21/07/2004 14:35, Walt Wayman at hiwayman@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I haven't missed a TOPE since I discovered this list back
Had mine on the Velvia which plunged with me and my camera at the Salto del
Penitente.

Wish I had Adam Long's skill on that moment :-(
Cogratulations, BTW !!!
I never went south of 45º I think, but travelled across the Pampa-Patagonia
on a then new Ford Fairlane, think it was '73. Slides taken with an
Instamatic turned magenta now. What I remember most was bathing at a beach
on the Río Negro shore, Neuquén. Its water was even more crystaline than
Salto del Penitente, believe me.

What happened was that Fuji lab here refused to develop the wet roll because
it would contaminate the developer in the machine, and possibly ruin other's
too. No use telling it was very clear water.
Fortunately, I have a second one from the previous Ektachrome roll, but it's
not quite on the theme since it's something like through a window -
reflections mix. Let's see if I can get to Roberto Schettini to have it
scanned.

on 22/07/2004 15:42, Walt Wayman at hiwayman@xxxxxxx wrote:

> For the more profane and vulgar of us, it can also mean something else, which,
> as Gandolf the Grey said about the language of Mordor, I will not speak it
> here.
Think I can figure it out, but not quite sure. You can always speak it out
offlist.

Regards,

Fernando.