[OM] D1x digital

Subject: [OM] D1x digital
From: "Scott Gomez" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:12:25 -0700
I played around a bit with a Nikon D1x digital at work today. What a
tank! Way heavy, and awkward, and did I say *way* heavy? Sheesh. That
thing should come with a carpal tunnel health insurance policy rider. In
fact, I found its weight so distracting that I never could get
comfortable with it even to the point of manipulating controls without
lowering the camera from my eye--I kept feeling like any false move
would result in it making a quick trip to the floor.

Someone please tell me that an E-1 (which I still haven't gotten my
grubby little paws on yet) is much lighter.

---
Scott Gomez