[OM] ( OM ) Darkening screen on OM2n

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) Darkening screen on OM2n
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 07:38:55 +1200
Hello Zuikoholics

The matter of the OM-fit wiedangle (speeling - looks good - I'll leave it)
lens
darkening the central portion of a split-screen? focussing screen was
answered today.

The camera shop guy sent me this explanation

> Hi Brian,
>
> Thanks for your offer of help on the split image blacking out problem, it
> turned
> out to be the lens, the auto apeture stop down spring thingy was stuffed so
> the
> apeture was not staying open when the selector ring was turned!
>
> Regards, Matt.

He uses technical terms I have not encountered before - but he can be
excused - he has gone over to the dark side and soon won't know what
manner of thing flim is. Neither do I by the look of it !!

You can see Matt at the URL below.

http://www.photo.co.nz/  look for "Ask Matt" on the rhs of the front page

He's actually very nice and I usually get a "frequent customer" discount
which suits me just fine. They're *all* nice in there, to tell the truth.

Cheers, Brian