[OM] Re: Dying Film

Subject: [OM] Re: Dying Film
From: "Wilcox, Joel F" <joel-wilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:17:49 -0500
> > Winsor Crosby wrote:
> >
> > >I think many of us spend more time in front of Photoshop
> screens that
> > >we ever spent in a darkroom.
> >
> I also believe (my increased need for reading glasses and the risk of
> carpal-tunnel notwithstanding ) we are healthier sitting at
> the computer rather than
> inhaling for extended periods and sticking our fingers into
> those chemicals.
>
> George S.

I kind of like that smell.:)

What I have gathered from discussion of RAW and white balance on list,
there is a lot more post-processing with digital sources than I had
supposed.  I don't begrudge my film for the amount of PS time I spend
with scans, but I'm a little surprised that it isn't apparently easier
to get it right as the light comes into a digital camera.  But I have
many things yet to learn.

Joel W.