[OM] Re: Dying Film

Subject: [OM] Re: Dying Film
From: R.Jackson <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:22:20 -0700
Yeah, but don't you feel like you've accomplished something when your
hands smell like chemicals and there are wet prints drying? ;-)

I've gotta admit, I go years without doing any darkroom work and then
I'll have an active few months. I was pitching a documentary last
summer and shot a series of B&W photos that I made into 11x14s for the
pitch and that was the last time I made any prints. Nothing like a big
glossy B&W print, IMO. When the contrast and exposure are finally just
right and you pull a really nice print out of the tray it's a fine,
fine moment. My enlarger is wrapped in plastic again (it sits on the
dryer in the garage with the timer, trays, easels, etc on it) and until
I have another project I'm working on actively it will probably
continue to sit unused. Meanwhile I use Photoshop pretty much every
day.