[OM] Re: Dying Film

Subject: [OM] Re: Dying Film
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:30:12 -0400
I don't want to think about that. It would certainly bring a quicker
death to film. One thing film has going for it, cost/area. Digital
sensors are very size to cost dependent. But am I shooting less
film today than 2years ago, and I don't want film to disappear.

There still may be some physics fundamentals that will keep
film alive. I remember when people were saying that the rate
memory chips were shrinking they would replace disk drives.
As we can see, that didn't happen. Film is still improving.
And kids in the future will be making pinhole digicams with
the Quaker oats carton.

Wayne