[OM] Re: The journal entry for last Monday

Subject: [OM] Re: The journal entry for last Monday
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 09:53:41 +1000
> Wayne Harridge [mailto:wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> I wonder how I could justify a Linhof 617 to the wife (it's easy
> enough to sneak in a new OM body or a Zuiko, maybe not a Linhof)?

...or you could create a panorama with multiple frames, scan them,
and stitch them together digitally. :-) With some panorama's I'm
partial to just lining up the prints - for me this actually works
better if you don't use a tripod, because the vertical misalignment
seems more pleasing to the eye than the precision offered by a
level tripod. Then you don't have to go out and buy any new
gear...because *who* likes doing *that*? ;-)

(...or buy a cheapish 6x6 TLR, folder, etc. (YashicaMat?) and crop
severely again, but end up with more frame-size to work with perhaps
than cropping 35mm.)

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz