[OM] Re: Dying Film (Now OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: Dying Film (Now OT)
From: "Alienspecimen" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 00:06:26 -0400 (EDT)

>...Now, back to our regularily scheduled programming. Sorry.
>AG

Hold on Mister...you must solve a mistery for me before doing this...
As you know, I am in no means an audiophile...just tonight, ironically before
the rutual of reading my list digest, I did a comparison between the Nirvana CD
bought from your favorite big corp and the same set of songs on a CD burned by
a friend of mine.  I know that those were MP3 files downloaded off the Net, I
do not know how they were converted to play on my regular CD player and to be
honest I really do not care about it.
The first one sounded like your regular cheap crap your big corp puts out and
the second was good, I would not make the mistake of calling it heavenly...
I could hear each instrument individually and the dynamic range seemed wider
were the biggest impressions.
I would be glad to hear your (or whoever else has opinion on this)thoughts on
it, coz for me, it is a mistery.
I have also another request...:)
Would you be interested in looking at set of audio schematics and giving an
unbiased opinion to me?  If you do, please, reply off line.  There is no hurry
either, I am always away for the weekends.
Thanks
Boris
P.S.  Anyone else with extensive knowledge of audio, please, feel welcome.  I
would be glad to send the schematics and receive as many opinions as possible.
Yes, I am in a process of building my own audio system...

Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com