[OM] Re: While we're talking about the E-1...

Subject: [OM] Re: While we're talking about the E-1...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 02:35:28 -0700
Cameta has been selling packages on the 'Bay at prices that are better
than B&H when CF card and/or flash is included. Look at completed
auctions to find out what the reserves are. Their most recent auctions
have been including Transcend CF cards instead of the Lexar WA cards. I
don't know how much difference that makes, but The E-1 is WA enabled, so
it may be significant. Also, they list a "high-speed" CF card reader.
I've seen some USB 1.1 readers advertised as "high-speed", and would
check. The difference is considerable. You might give them a call. I
think part of the 'Bay deal is that they can sell below Oly's (and
other's) desired prices without getting into trouble. I notice that some
brands have buy it now prices and Oly and some others don't. So they
might even put the package you want on the 'Bay, but you would have to
wait for the auction to end and chance being outbid.

Moose