[OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners

Subject: [OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners
From: "Wilcox, Joel F" <joel-wilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 08:44:22 -0500
Hi Jim,

> Joel - I'm probably sitting pretty near the same spot you
> are, but funding
> will be more like 2 years away based on my latest Visa statement <g>.
>
> From what I can tell, the demarcation of 'serious' digicams from the
> 'consumer-grade' seems to be whether or not you can save in
> RAW format. I am
> not familiar with the capabilities of the 5060 or 8080
> Olympus cameras, but
> someone here will be able to tell you which can do this.
>
> Have you considered getting a used E-20 to tide you over...?
> --
>
> Jim Brokaw
> OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...

I believe both are considered "advanced" digicams and can save in RAW
mode, etc.

I did consider an E-20.  I'm looking for a "pocketable" camera,
something even easier to carry than an OM-2S with a pancake zoom (if
there were such a thing).  So the E-20 is a little big for my purposes.
The C-5060 looks about right, though the C-8080 is amazingly small too.

Joel W.