[OM] Re: D1x digital; E-1 and macro

Subject: [OM] Re: D1x digital; E-1 and macro
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 22:59:22 -0700
on 7/24/04 1:26 PM, Fernando Gonzalez Gentile at fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> on 24/07/2004 14:15, C.H.Ling at chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> At the mean time I found that I cannot use my Windows XP OEM version anymore
>> since I have upgraded my mother board and hard disk. After re-installing XP
>> it request me to activate Windows but it doesn't wrok like before, it told
>> me the number of activation has exceeded and I have to purchase another
>> licence! It is really bad.
>
> Outrageous.
> Or am I missing something ?
> Can anyone help him?
>
> Fernando.

If you are still using the original install, and not trying to have it on
two different computers, they will give you a new activation number. You
only have to call the '800' number and then reach a real live person. I
first installed the XP on a small hard disk (only 4GB, and about 1/4 fill
just for XP). I then got a larger hard disk, reinstalled, but when I went to
activate it first told me I '...had exceeded the number of activations', but
the real live person I reached listened to my story then gave me a new and
different activation code that worked. Microsoft just wants to be sure that
you buy one full copy of XP for each computer, so they can give even bigger
dividends to the stockholders in the future.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...