[OM] Re: Thoughts on IS - and a Confession.

Subject: [OM] Re: Thoughts on IS - and a Confession.
From: "Daniel Tan" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 17:44:26 +1000
I can't say that I'm really bothered about the USB1.1 speeds (D70), but I
usually use a CF card reader. The card reader is USB2.0 spec though I'm not
sure about speed, since my card is far slower than the spec speed. I've
tried downloading off the camera a few times, but I don't see any advantage
to that, since I can pop the card into the reader, start it copying and pop
a fresh card into the camera. Even then, It takes me maybe 4-5 minutes
before a full 512mb cf card (Kingston) copies over. I'm not sure how slow
"painfully slow" is to you.

Incidentally, you can buy Firewire CF card readers (for about 50USD I
believe. Maybe more.) that will read FAST. Your limit then is determined by
the card.

Dan Tan