[OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners

Subject: [OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 15:46:15 -0700
Yes. Fair Trade is a tricky thing, legally, but Oly does somehow seem to
manage it. Some of the lowest price etailers don't have Oly and the ones
that do are all about the same price. More power to them, I suppose.
Cameta's auction ploy has netted some folks E-1s with 14-54 for about
$1,650 effective price with included CF card (based on completed
auctions). However, they seem to have largely switched from Lexar WA
cards to secondary brands lately.

More power to Oly for getting those prices, but they were certainly a
factor in my choice of another DSLR. The E-1 with a flash is over twice
what I paid. Still, I hope they come up with something compelling enough
to suck me in on the next round. As I said, I consider this to be
interim time, as any camera bought now will be significantly bettered in
performance at the same or lower price in the not too distant future, so
I can't see paying for top end, only for the minimum that meets my
current needs. I'd rather have the huge and inevitable depreciation
start with a lower base.

Now to go out and finish off the roll in an OM body that's calling to me.

Moose.