[OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners

Subject: [OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners
From: Ian Nichols <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 08:49:55 +0100

--On 23 July 2004 14:59 -0400 Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I went the same route you're thinking of by buying a Canon G2 and wasn't
> really ever happy.  The newer cameras are better, but nowhere near the
> capabilities and feel of my E-1.  I'd recommend spending no more than
> $5-600 on a "starter" camera.  Even better, buy something used that was
> top-of-the-line last year for 50% of it's MSRP.

Buy a 2nd user E10/E20?  There seem to be lots of them on *that* auction
site atm (at least in Blighty) for around that sort of money.

They're only a little bit smaller than the E1 etc, have full manual
control, use ordinary flashes as well as the FLs and will depreciate a bit
less than a new camera now.

Ian Nichols, School of Chemistry
I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx