[OM] Re: recent experience in Boston, USA

Subject: [OM] Re: recent experience in Boston, USA
From: "jamesfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jamesfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:19:47 -0400
I'm happy to hear your experience was a good one concerning US customs and
security.  My experience a couple years ago in Miami wasn't so pleasant.
They not only would not hand check my film, but just for asking, they
pulled me out of line and put me through an intense security check.  I had
to remove my laptop from its case and the idiots dropped it - twice!  The
second time was the end of it. I refused to leave until someone in charge
filled out an incident report so I could turn it into their insurance
company.  It took over half an hour for someone to finally bring the
papers, then they wouldn't give me a copy and it took another 15 minutes to
fill out a second set of papers so I could take them with me.  I almost
missed my flight!

It took over a year to finally collect the damages - but I wouldn't let up
until they did!  What really angered me was the attitude.  The guy who
dropped it just shrugged his shoulders and declared "shit happens".

Jim Caldwell