[OM] Re: Dying Film

Subject: [OM] Re: Dying Film
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 00:18:30 -0400
I have made some 300+ boomerangs in my lifetime. There is part art and
part science. I think there was a scientific american article on
boomerangs in 1968, or there about. After you make a few dozen, you
figure things out.

Actually there is a hunting stick, slightly curved like a boomerang,
but aerodynamically travels in a straight line. That was more likely
used for hunting. I have never seen any evidence that boomerangs that
return were ever used for hunting, and more likely were used for only
entertainment. But I also don't live in OZ.

I used to go out and throw them in the local ball field. There was a
very confused dog that kept running to retrieve the stick, but it was
never there when he got there. Eventually he caught on, and I have some
nice teeth marks in the boomerang. good doggie.

Wayne - former member of the USBA - years ago.