[OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners

Subject: [OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 19:08:36 -0700
It also depends on the camera. RAW file sizes are not the same at all.
E-1 is 10.4mb, 5060 is 7.3mb, 10D 6.6mb,  D100 9.5mb uncompressed
(compressed is only 4.5mb, but very slow to write), D70 is 5.4mb. so
someone with a D70 can store almost twice as many RAW images as with an
E-1. This is also why raw transfer speed isn't all that matters, it's
transfer speed and size together Why E-1 files are so large is a mystery.

So where about 100 D100 Raw shots fit on 1gb, about 136 C-5050 RAW shots
would fit on the same card.

Moose