[OM] Re: Oh, Digital, Wherefore Art Thou?

Subject: [OM] Re: Oh, Digital, Wherefore Art Thou?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:58:45 -0700
Hi Johnny, welcome back. I wondered what had happened to you.

What has happened here is that a lot of list members have added digital
cameras to their OM equipment. For various reasons, some have not been
Olys. At least a fair number of us, being also interested in what to do
about digital, have been interested in the experiences of those who have
jumped in. It is somehow important to hear about these things from
people whose experience, knowledge and judgement you know and trust that
is a wonderful addition to reading reviews. So there has been a fair
amount of sharing of reasoning for choices and subsequent experience.
Those who have gone over to the "N" based dark side have been fairly
quiet. Those, like me, who have added the "C" dark side to their stable
and use them either partly or primarily as digital backs for their OM
lenses, have been somewhat less so. Those with the E-1 and other Oly DCs
are still pure and can say whatever they like as far as I can see.

Yes, I have gone over to the Canon dark side at least a bit and perhaps
only for a bit. I still have a sea of Oly and other OM mount stuff and
still use it. In fact, the last couple of things I've bought since the
300D have been for the film equipment. I elaborated the reasons that I
found the 300D to meet my needs better than the E-1 in a (too?) lengthy
post a few days ago. I really wanted to buy Oly, but I won't but a fly
swatter for playing tennis or a tennis racquet for swatting flies, so I
bought what would best do what I want to do. You ma notice that one of
the samples I posted was taken with the Kiron 105/2.8 that you turned me
on to and others with a Zuiko 50/1.4

Lots of OM and film stuff still going on on the list.

What dimension you may be in, I couldn't say. :-)

Moose