[OM] Re: Oh, Digital, Wherefore Art Thou?

Subject: [OM] Re: Oh, Digital, Wherefore Art Thou?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 21:24:15 -0700
Yes, I still haven't realized all the possibilities.

I was just writing about 35-xxmm lenses and mentioned the Tokina AT-X
35-200/3.5-4.5. I bought another 35-200 Tokina a few weks ago. It's not
an AT-X, but does use SD glass. It's a little smaller and lighter. But
most important, it does its closest focusing, to 1:4, at 200mm, not
35mm. A huge advantage for me. Although I took a few shots with it, I've
been meaning to test it out against the AT-X. Suddenly, I can do that in
just a short time with no incremental cost and get results right away. I
think sometimes I've passed on tests because of the turnaround time. And
the distinct possibility I will make some mistake on the first round and
have to reshoot, turning the whole thing into way too much hassle. Ooh,
I just received the proper clip on hood for it from the UK a couple of
days ago, too. What fun!

Moose