[OM] Re: alternative for the olympus 35-70 F4

Subject: [OM] Re: alternative for the olympus 35-70 F4
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:35:48 +0100 (BST)
> jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>>But I use 35-70 range a lot so it is worth while getting the best lens I
>> can for that range. whereas I don't use the big tamron 60-300 enough to
>> justify spening much money in that range.
>>
> No need to. The Tamron SP 60-300 is an excellent lens. I've gotten great
> results with it. My only regret is not having a tripod with me when I
> found a muskrat where they aren't 'supposed' to live. The hand held
> 300mm shots aren't as sharp as I know the lens is capable of. The tripod
> was in the car a mile or so away. :-(       A couple of pounds saved is
> a slightly fuzzy image earned.

I agree with the tripod the results from my second holiday in china and
this one don't compare. This time I lugged a tripod with my everywhere. My
girl friend thought I was crazy but I take photos of things that don't run
away so I have time to set up and use appature and mirror prefire. With a
beatie interescreen with grid lines sometimes I even manage to get things
straight!

Regards
James