[OM] Re: alternative for the olympus 35-70 F4

Subject: [OM] Re: alternative for the olympus 35-70 F4
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:35:18 +0100
I didn't think you were trying to knock it James, no worries!

The aperture/image quality trade off is absolutely the right question - but
the other aspect of maximum aperture to bear in mind is that, even though
you don't propose to use 2.8/3.6 or whatever for the exposure, you do have
to focus, and for that, some extra light can be very helpful.  Especially
when there isn't much around.  My word, the number of out-of-focus eyes I
have seen on pictures of black cats in coal cellars...

Again, don't take this as trying to dissuade you from your (admirable)
choice.

Piers