[OM] how to do a fair comparison (wes: alternative for the olympus

Subject: [OM] how to do a fair comparison (wes: alternative for the olympus 35-70 F4)
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:47:33 +0100 (BST)
I will borrow my fathers 35-80 tamron and will take delivery of a f3.6
35-70 to compare against my f4 35-70mm so does the list have any
recomendations for fairly comparing them. (I don't have a rifle range so I
cant replicate Gary's tests).
I do have a jessops colour calibration card with black and white strips of
vaious sizes and a IT8 colour target. I also have a copy stand with 6500K
bulbs and a tripod...

Regards
James (becomming a zuikoholic...)

P.S.
just bagged a 21mm f3.5. When I was in China I could not fit some large
statues in using my 24mm.... well thats my excuse anyway and I am sticking
to it.