[OM] Re: Oh, Digital, Wherefore Art Thou?

Subject: [OM] Re: Oh, Digital, Wherefore Art Thou?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 00:03:04 +0800
Something looks good on monitor doesn't mean it will print good at the same
size, for example you scale down a full frame to 1024x768, it will look very
good on a 17" monitor but can you make a 17" (diag.) print (with this
1024x768 file) and still look good? Impossible! Monitor is roughtly 72dip,
you need at least 3 times the resolution (>200dpi) to make a good print.

C.H.Ling