[OM] Re: Oh, Digital, Wherefore Art Thou?

Subject: [OM] Re: Oh, Digital, Wherefore Art Thou?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:13:42 -0700
I think that is more than adequate dpi. In one of Reichmann's articles
comparing film and digital he complained about criticisms that he used
an Imacon film scanner. With much grousing he bought a professional
drum scan and there was not much difference. Another time he compared a
Polaroid 4000dpi against a 5600dpi Imacon and I did not see a huge
difference in his examples. He apparently liked the Imacon enough to
get one with lower resolution. Apparently you are getting just about
everything possible out of a current 35mm color frame with about 4000
dpi. You are covered for future developments though.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/scanners/
imacon_comparison.shtml

Winsor
Long Beach, California