[OM] Re: Joel's Dilemma

Subject: [OM] Re: Joel's Dilemma
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 00:06:49 -0400
Relax, what's to go wrong anyway? I was out today, had my C5050.
Wider lens would have been nice. If you turn off all the bells and
lights, the camera is very quiet and unobtrusive, yet feels like a camera.
You'll be taking pictures you never would have taken.

and is digital less than, equal, or better than film? - none of the above.
What if ultimately they both perform just as well with good technique,
good lenses, etc., The only loss one will ever experience is the
photo they could have taken and some money they spend. Use the tool
for what it has to offer. What is important is taking pictures,
making photographs, and enjoying it. The details really don't matter
as much as we like to think. There were no real super bad choices
that Joel had.

Walts 150 year old ... I mean, was that really 50 years ago? .. picture
versus today's digital Only proves we can still take pictures. The
new technology offers different choices of going about the process,
but a really good photo, ... now this is strictly my personal opinion...
is the one that captures some spirit of the moment and renders it to
a form that can then take on a life of it's own.

http://www.zuik.net/om/Jordans_P7290709.jpg

C5050 in Jordan's Furniture, tonight, cropped, using the $10 Olympus
ultra mini tripod. I'm in the mirror, but I didn't know it at the time. I was
more worried some person would object to picture taking. Sometime
our own subconscious mind steps in and arranges things.

Wayne