[OM] Re: OT - Vodka used to remove fungus?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Vodka used to remove fungus?
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 17:57:02 +0000
There's nothing I have ever tried that works better than vinegar for cleaning
up the white, fuzzy crap left behind by an alkaline battery that let go.  I
just a few days ago discovered a Winder 2 with exactly such a problem.  (I must
be more careful.  I immediately thereafter removed all batteries from anything
I don't use at least monthly.)  Fortunately, I caught it early on, and now,
after a dose of Heinz distilled white vinegar, applied gently with an old
toothbrush, it's good as new.

And vodka is not a food product.  It's a quick-acting attitude adjuster, good
for funguys and fungals, not fungus.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --