[OM] Re: Thoughts on IS - and a Confession.

Subject: [OM] Re: Thoughts on IS - and a Confession.
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 15:26:01 -0400
This is an area where Canon and Nikon differ and the primary reason for the
difference in price of the 300D and the D70. The D70 comes with an 18-70
that is simply outstanding. It's not wildly expensive, around $400 for the
lens, but it represents the largest difference in price between the 300D kit
and the D70 kit. It is now my primary lens and is almost permanently mounted
on one of my 'digi-bodies'.

The D70 also isn't as 'crippled' compared to the D100 as the 300D is
compared to the 10D.  In fact, the D70 has many features that the D100 lacks
and could just as easily been called the D110.

Both are excellent cameras and merely tools for the photographer, but I am
happy with my D100/D70 choice.  Love the 12-24 too.

Tom