[OM] Re: WTT: 40f2 for 28f2

Subject: [OM] Re: WTT: 40f2 for 28f2
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 19:13:39 -0700
It's easy enough to test.

Put whatever hood you are testing on the camera.
Take the back off.
Sit the camera on its back on a light table.
Put a piece of paper across the hood.
Turn the lights off.
You will see the bright image of the film gate on the paper.
Any vignetting will show up as corners of the image being cut off.
If you have good paper and a dark room, you can see the subtle outline
of the hood and see if it is much bigger than the birght image, in which
case the hood is too wide to be fully effective.

I've occasionally used this method and it has always worked for me.

Moose