[OM] Re: Dumb digital question...

Subject: [OM] Re: Dumb digital question...
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 16:08:21 -0700
It is the exposure time if you count the scan time from one side of the
image to the other. Not the exposure time for each pixel. Sort of like
1/2000 second on a focal plane shutter when the curtains can only
uncover and cover at 1/60 second. Steve Johnson uses it for his
landscape photography. His site: http://www.sjphoto.com/

Here is a piece of video where he explains part of the process:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/video_journal/vj10-johnson-play.shtml

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA