[OM] Good hood? (was Re: [lens] Re: WTT: 40f2 for 28f2

Subject: [OM] Good hood? (was Re: [lens] Re: WTT: 40f2 for 28f2
From: "tOM Trottier" <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 20:03:48 -0400
Even easier, set the shutter to Bulb and press it, open the back & look
through the lens from each corner. If you see no cutoff of the wide open
aperture by the lens hood, you're good.

tOM

On 1 Aug 2004 at 6:39,
Andrew Gullen <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But that only works *after* you have bought the hood and have it hand.
> :-)
>
> Andrew
>
> on 2004/07/31 10:13 PM, Moose at olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > It's easy enough to test.
> >
> > Put whatever hood you are testing on the camera.
> > Take the back off.
> > Sit the camera on its back on a light table.
> > Put a piece of paper across the hood.
> > Turn the lights off.
> > You will see the bright image of the film gate on the paper.
> > Any vignetting will show up as corners of the image being cut off.
> > If you have good paper and a dark room, you can see the subtle outline of
> > the hood and see if it is much bigger than the birght image, in which case
> > the hood is too wide to be fully effective.
> >
> > I've occasionally used this method and it has always worked for me.
> >
> > Moose
> >
> > iwert wrote:
> >
> >> Oh yes, and any ideas of a suitable hood for this one with a 55mm step-up
> >> ring?
   ,__@ tOM Trottier +1 613 231-6115          </     [\/
 _-\_<,  758 Albert St.    Ottawa ON       (`-/-------/----')
(*)/'(*) Canada K1R 7V8 N45.412 W75.714
----------Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur----------
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too
much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
-Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826)