[OM] Re: Noise versus pixel area in image sensors

Subject: [OM] Re: Noise versus pixel area in image sensors
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 09:39:38 -0400
OK, Kodak calls that shot noise, but then I thought shot noise came
from electron-hole recombination. I sure hope I'm wrong about the
pixel area thing, especially since I have bought into the E-1 system
and I want low noise ISO 1600. 25 years of analog CMOS chip design
means I know too much for my own good. I'm going to go take some
pictures now....

Wayne