[OM] Re: Met my first scumbag on *bay

Subject: [OM] Re: Met my first scumbag on *bay
From: alabbasi@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 21:10:52 +0100
Mike

It's pretty funny but the camera sales on the bay seem to have the biggest
number of crooks. I have bought a number of items from Ebay and in most
occasions I have had a very pleasent transaction. THe only time I seem to
get burnt is when buying cameras. I got burnt on a couple of OM cameras,a
minolta maxxum and a couple of other cameras and accessory items.

Paypal is very sneaky, Ever since I put my bank details in, the system
attempts to default out of the credit card. I reported a disput with paypal
once and they responded that they believe that I am in the right, but as the
seller no longer has money in his account, they cannot refund me.

This is probably why they have a class action on their hands as we speak.
Your words are wise with rgards to paying by credit card. You get much
better protection.