[OM] Velvia 100F Color Cast question

Subject: [OM] Velvia 100F Color Cast question
From: "Adam Long" <adamlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 11:31:34 +0100
>The Velvia 100F picture appear to be slightly yellow in color
>cast.  The Velvia 50 and Provia 100F seemed neutral, but the
>100F appears slightly off.

All the reviews I read in the UK commented on this problem. If you push it to
200 it becomes really noticeable. Most of the reviewers had it in mind as a
higher saturation version of provia that would be great for pushing, but the
cast was too strong. I haven't used it much but did notice the slight cast -
perhaps thay were trying to compete with the newer Kodak pro films which tend
to be 'warm'?

>From what I've heard (prob on the list!), the version available in the east is
>a different emulsion much closer to velvia 50 in saturation. Has yet to reach
>the uk :-(

Adam