[OM] Selling out

Subject: [OM] Selling out
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 17:08:28 +0000
From: webteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: hiwayman@xxxxxxx
Subject: Requested Price
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 15:44:55 +0000

Dear Customer,

Our current selling price for the: Canon-EOS-1Ds Digital Camera (Camera Body)
is 7,195.95.

To purchase this item at this price, click below:

[snip]

I give up.  The digits have worn me down.  Resistance is futile.  I'm
seriously, very seriously, considering selling damn near the whole OM kit and
kaboodle, in one big lump to a well-known neighborhood purveyor of used photo
gear, keeping only a couple of very special pieces.  We have talked already,
but no deal has yet been struck.  I'm taking a few days to contemplate.

Should I wait for a probably better and possibly cheaper 1D?  But then would my
OM stuff be worth less, too?  The price I have been offered will enable me to
begin with only three lenses.  But they are fairly nice ones: 24-70/2.8,
70-200/2.8, and 180/3.5 macro.

Sorry, but I'm getting tired of waiting for Olympus to get their s**t together.
 I've been abandoned one time too many already.

Who woulda thunk I'd even be considering about this?  A week ago, not even me!
Could be just a bit of temporary insanity, a passing fit maybe.  But then
again...

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from