[OM] Re: Selling out

Subject: [OM] Re: Selling out
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 13:42:39 -0700
Well, that's one way to solve the DSLR viewfinder size and brightness
problem. :-)

I'm not ready to dump the OM stuff, I know I'd regret it, but you have
all that bigger format film stuff, so maybe it wouldn't bother you. What
kind of % of market price does KEH offer, or is it just the quick and
clean aspect that is attractive?

I borrowed a D60 with battery/vertical pack for a week while I was
evaluating DSLRs. I enjoyed learning to use it, but I could tell that
anything that big or bigger would end up spending too much time inside
on a shelf. When contemplating an AF zoom for my 300D, I'm leaning
toward the 70-200/4L, rather than the 2.8L or 2.8L IS. Again, it is a
size and weight thing. With excellent iso 800 and really usable 1600, I
don't feel such a need for lens speed.

Speaking of noise, think carefully about buying a 2 year old design. The
dpreview test shows noise not much better than a D60, which is noiser
than a 300D. It looks to me like all of the newer, smaller sensor bodies
have better noise. 'Twere me, I'd wait for the Mk II, or whatever they
call the upgrade which must be due soon.

You'd probably need a new macro tripod/arm setup.

Just trying to provide perspective, not persuade or dissuade.

Moose