[OM] Re: Selling out

Subject: [OM] Re: Selling out
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:28:25 +0100
Hmm, interesting and persuasive, but not conclusive (for me).  The
camera is a full-frame sensor and so defeats my arguments about
relative size, fine, but the camera is likely to be processing the
image once the shot is taken, so removing the noise in the sky (which I
admit I get a lot of in my very best Velvia shots).  My
counter-argument would be that I can sharpen my slide scans to make it
look as good as that.  Finally, the price of this camera makes it an
unfeasible choice for most people who carry out a simple "investment
appraisal".  I do accept that you pay a lower price in the USA than we
do; I shall have to take that gracefully as the price I pay for a
reasonable health care system I suppose – feeling old, me?

I can see that, now Walt has succumbed, I shall be one of the last
bastions (can a person be a bastion?) against the move to digital, if
only on the basis of initial outlay against longevity ;-)

Chris

p.s. and what are you doing up at this unearthly hour Moose? cb

On 4 Aug 2004, at 10:12, Moose wrote:

> http://luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/1ds/1ds-field.shtml
>
> I thought he did another 1 on 1 test, but it's late and I don't feel
> like looking for it. And it may have been somebody else. surpass, maybe
> not, meet head to head, yes, with advantages to each.
>
> Moose

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.